What is needed to Move Forward with Philander Smith College?
Students in the 100% online program must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Have transferable college credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or
- Have an approved training academy certification, or
- Submit an academic personal statement to the Director of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
If an academic personal statement is submitted, it should be a minimum of 500 words and address the following:
- Based on your selection of major, please share your career goals and aspirations. Why?
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
The college reserves the right to deny admission to any student whose record indicates that she/he may not be a successful participant in the educational program or whose conduct as a whole is viewed by the college to be inconsistent with its goals, standards and/or ideals. Philander Smith College reserves the right to determine which transfer courses meet the requirements and standards of the college.