Learn About Our Admissions
Philander Smith College will REQUEST and PAY for your transcripts when you complete and sign the Transcript Release form that is part of the application process.
FREE EVALUATION OF TRANSFER CREDIT FOR THE ONLINE PROGRAM
Training, Academy, Military, and College credits will be evaluated for transfer credit. When you submit the application for admission, you will indicate which organizations you want evaluated for transfer credit.
Training Academy, CEU, AND CLEE CREDITS
Students in the undergraduate Criminal Justice online program may earn a maximum of 30 semester hours of credit for completion of applicable continuing education and training programs provided by one of the following institutions:
- FBI National Academy
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute *
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, FLETC *
- National Academy of Criminal Justice *
- National Fire Academy *
- Arkansas Department of Corrections Willis H. Sargent Training Academy*
- Arkansas Fire Training Academy *
- Arkansas State Police Training Section*
- Arkansas Criminal Justice Institute*
- Southwestern Legal Foundation*
- Southern Police Institute*
- Northwestern University*
- Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy *
- Black River Technical College Law Enforcement Training Academy*
Continuing Education Units (CEU) and Certified Law Enforcement Executive (CLEE) Training
Training records for CEU’s and CLEE’s will be evaluated for transfer credit if your training officer sends a statement on official department letterhead with the courses listed and course descriptions for each. Copies of training certificates are NOT accepted. This statement can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Philander Smith College, Office of the Registrar, 900 West Daisy L. Gatson Bates Drive, Little Rock, AR 72202.
- One semester hour of credit will be awarded for every 37.5 CEUs earned *
- One semester hour of credit will be awarded for every 300 CLEEs earned *
- Programs that have not been assigned a number of CEUs or CLEEs will earn one semester hour of credit for every 300 clock hours of training *
*All transfer credit earned from training, CEU, CLEE, or Military will be counted as general elective credit only and will not satisfy any major or general education requirements.
Military courses approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) will be evaluated for transfer credit.